Honeywell CM907 Room Thermostat-what cable I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace the wireless thermostat that came with the house I bought with a Honeywell cm 907 hardwired thermostat. My question is: what cable should I buy from the merchant?
Any advice for fitting this type of thermostat? I'm going to connect this to a Glow Worm Cxi 38 combi boiler.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As you will, presumably, be wiring directly into the boiler, you need 2 core 0.75mm heat resistant cable.

Any electrical whole sale or plumbers merchant will hold it; or you can try one of the DIY sheds.

Trouble is, the 0.75mm flex is not permitted for use in concealed space such as floor voids in the wiring regs.

Similarly, the twin and earth isn't really meant to go into the boiler.

So if you wanted to do a pro job, run the t&e to the stat, at the boiler end, terminate in a suitable junction box, and convert to the heat resistant flex.

And remember to sleeve or mark the blue conductors brown, job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back