problems with Worcester Bosch 240 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer having problems with a Worcester Bosch 240 combi, the hot water does not now work, the central heating works fine and they do get warm water if the tap is turned on whilst the heating is on.

I believe that the problem could be either the water diverter valve micro switch or maybe the diagphram inside the value, any other clues??

Sponsored Links
Ok ill give it a bash - have you heard that these boilers are a problem?

tom with all due respect give your head a wobble!

Your customers boiler is between 10 and 20 years old! I hardly think changing a diaphram which will take you no longer than 10 mins constitutes a problem boiler!. You can remove the pcb play football with it in the back garden and refit it! Good reliable (although old) boiler.

Any boiler with a rubber diaghram is going to need changing during its life!

Whats the custard said about the boiler..have they had many probs??

Sponsored Links
Cool thanks for the reply – although I don’t think you have seen me play football! but point taken. I totally appreciate that my comments are – well a little wet behind the ears but hay ho that’s what these forums are for...

Cool ill have a look and see what happens.

I have one of these boilers. Switch failures are normally just due to heat/age causing the plastic on the switch to break and pull away from the valve. If the switch still seems to be clipped on tightly then it is probably fine but it might break if to try and remove it.

tom no need to drain down pal to change diaphragm. switch off cold feed to boiler, open dhw tap and remove the eight or so screws facing you in the head of the valve. Be gentle removing sir clip holding micoswitch as they can snap.

Should take you ten mins or so to complete job. Diaphragm a giovanni

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back