shower tray lifting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im fitting a bathroom suite and ive bought an easi plumb leg and panel kit it comes with marine ply that the legs screw into and they have sent sand and cement with it to bed the tray down. I bedded the tray down and it was flat and level and ive siliconed it to the walls.

The tray is a cheap ****e foam tray with acrylic or plastic coating on the top and black plastic lining on the bottom foam in the middle that the customer has bought. The instructions state it can be used with an easiplumb kit and also states it needs to be bedded down with sand and cement.

Ive arrived this morning and the tray has lifted on the external corner for some reason by about an inch like a bloody trampoline now!

If you press it down again to the ply its level and square as i left it

My query is i need to bed the corner down again but im pretty certain that if i use sand or cement again its going to to lift. I need a good adhesive to actually keep it flat at least till I can get the shower cubicle on it the weight of that should keep it down.

Removing the tray isnt an option as the customer has tiled round it this weekend!

Im thinking maybe rapid set tile adhesive, and clamp it down flat whilst it sets and then some other ideas i was throwing around was expanding foam or silicone but think there will be to much movement with those once they have set, or no nails !!! any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
I never ever understand why people buy this crap, when there is such as Mira flight stone resin trays with leg kits available, I would burn it and get a "proper" tray.

I totally agree Ive always used stone resin trays before with the leg pack and they screw straigh into the tray

I totally agree I normally use stone resin shower trays and the legs screw straight into the tray

Sponsored Links
Customer supplied...tell them it's substandard and needs changing, offer to supply a proper one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back