Intermittent wireless thermostat issue - British Gas W&B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Worcester + Bosch British gas labeled combi boiler. Not sure of the exact model but it was installed about 2 + 1/2 years ago.

I think the wireless system is a rebadged Drayton. It has RF on the transmitter and WR1 on the receiver.

All has been fine for 2 + 1/2 years until the cold snap started about 2-3 weeks ago.

Now the central heating will sometimes not fire up in response to transmitter requests for heat. I've changed the batteries and resynced the transmitter-receiver as outlined in the manual.

I've also tried changing my wireless router's channel from 1 to 13. (I've had the same wireless router since the boiler was installed).

We don't have a wireless doorbell or anything similar which could cause issues.

I don't think the signal is being blocked as when I'm changing the target temperature in manual mode, the red "alarm" led flashes on the receiver.

I can usually get it to work after moving the manual temperature down and then up again, but sometimes this can take 4-5 attempts.

Is there anything I can do asides from a call out? I have cover but I'll have to pay the first £50 of any work done so I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem with one of my customers RF progstat, I sure they are the same item just badged for the trade, same age as well, I am going to change if for another new one, it's a 20 minute drive so I ain't faffing with it, it's out of guarantee so I will be charging.

sounds like the reciever not switching.buy one they are only 2 screws undern the unit then lift forward and up,reset as per instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back