erratic spinning...!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a washing machine that was in the flat I bought when I moved in and no documents were left with it so I don\\\'t know its service history (if any). It is indesit. Recently it has started not draining properly (clothes come out v wet). I checked drainage at back - looks good, and then when I tried a spin cycle, it spins slowly and erratically suggesting the carbon brushes may be worn.

Spins are characteristic of a motor having difficulty maintaining electrical supply/contact. I have taken motor off and the brushes don\\\'t seem to be worn down fully yet (I guess about 1cm in them yet) although everything is quite carbon-dusty. The motor is good, and spins well, as does the wash drum. The drive belt is also good.

My guess is that drainage is not good because spin is not regular and fast enough.

Am i right in brush diagnosis? If not, what else should I be looking at? Would a thorough clean of the motor help?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
i would say brushes do need changing also check pump and "filter" bith are at the other end of grey outlet pipe

I got my sparky brother to check main drive motor which is fine and brushes do not need replacing he says. We quickly put it back together and re-installed the motor, and checked that filter you mention also - no probs there - so we reckon problem probably lies in the electronic controller for the motor. Need to try and track down a manual now...any ideas anyone???

Sponsored Links
anything under 1.5cm we changed brushes, you may also wnt to look at tacho magnet (little magnet on back shaft of motor) is it secure / broken?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back