what is the best way to seal a leaking lead pipe from bath..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have a leaking lead pipe from a bath waste. it is hard to get to , i can see the pipe and just about see the damage, bur i cant get around the pipe. is there a solution or silicon i could use?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe you could get some Fernox LS - X sealer onto it :idea:

Lead wastes must be very old.

Many would say that to replace it with plastic would be the best solution but that would usually need access to the outside to drill a larger hole.

Tony

it is an old cast iron bath, and the trap is is kind of hard to get to unless the bath is riiped out. would silicon help? its a very small trickle

Sponsored Links
If you can poke a turn of Denso tape around the pipe, that may seal it. Filthy stuff though, be warned. Gloves are a must!

If you can poke a turn of Denso tape around the pipe, that may seal it. Filthy stuff though, be warned. Gloves are a must!

denso every time for this type of thing, it is manky stuff but will seal anything!!!!!!!!,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back