Howdens kitchen - base legs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just got a howdens kitchen and am about to fit the plastic adjustable legs, the part that attaches to the base cabinet has 4 screw holes and is a circle shape with 2 sides of the circle cut straight.

The howdens manual says the one of the flats must face the front of the cabinet and part of the flange should carry the end panel.

That sounds fine but firstly if i did this the end panel would only be supported by 2-3mm of the flange & because the end panels stick down 1mm lower than the base fixing face, it angles the leg over to one side.

The picture in the manual doesn't even show an end panel.
Which is the correct way?

Sponsored Links
The end panel has nothing to do with the leg, you fix it on afterwards by screwing through from the inside (pref behind hinges and where shelves will sit, to hide the screws) or can be glued on.

Are you sure the instructions are referring to an end panel and not simply the side panel of the carcass?

Quite usual for the end panel of the carcase to stick down a mm or even less. (poor standard of machining during manufacture) Just screw the legs on as per the instructions and you should be ok.
Delux was thinking of the clad on end panels. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
it needs lining up so the round if facing inwards and the flat but goes to the end panel, the leg should not lap onto the end

The flange of the leg should overlap the end panel of the carcase. This just adds a bit of support to the end panel. If in doubt, refer to manufacturers instructions. They say it should, so do it the way they recommend and you can't go wrong. ;) ;)

hello. got are brand new howdens kitchen today and found the holes for the legs are not predrilled :cry: does anyone have a howdejs manual they can email to me or an idea were to drill these. help would be very much appreciated

hello. got are brand new howdens kitchen today and found the holes for the legs are not predrilled :cry: does anyone have a howdejs manual they can email to me or an idea were to drill these. help would be very much appreciated
Turn the panel over. :?: :)

the holes were predrilled they were hidden under the cardboard bumpers....whoops..
cheers anyway people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back