Main Combi 30 HE condensate Pipe Frozen.. Fires up then dies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I'm new to all this so here goes.

Came back from work heating not working, Flame Light Flashing (Flame Failure or Blocked Condensate drain)

Reset and tried to Fire up!! Came on for about 5 seconds and then went off again, tried this a few times and Red light came back on, water started to drip out.

Undone front and seen Condensate Drain was full to the Brim, so thought frozen pipes.... Went outside with hot water and poured on to pipe, though pipe is about 8 foot long to drain, heard some crackling etc.

Went back in and had emptied, try to fire up same again same thing, pipe's still got ice in.

Though spoke to dad suggested taking Outlet pipe off, and putting bowl under, tried this and again looking into flame start big for 5 sec, then died down and goes off.

Dad's coming round tomorrow to have a look!! Though my questions are..

Why not firing up with now?
Do you need pipe going outside to work?
Could I have done some damage resetting the boiler so many time's?

Sponsored Links
There is probably a sensor wire attached to condensate trap that is probably still registering trap as being full once that area drys on the trap boiler will stay on

:D Yes Correct this was the reason, working like a dream now.... Saved me a few Quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back