need a new boiler/ ch system and it needs re-siting.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
due to the previous owner of our house building a utility room at the back of the house (util room is half width of house and then covered the rest of the width of house with plastic corrugated roof) i have been advised by my ch engineer that the boiler doesnt meet building regs as the flue is under the roof and next to the door into util (no access from inside house)

Anyway had probs with boiler and now hot water cylinder is leaking he has advised a whole new system, moving boiler upstairs to airing cupboard to vent out through roof, will this mean i wont get the probs i have been hearing about with people having condensing pipes freezing and shutting down their ch in freezing weather

no hot water for us this Christmas!!

Sponsored Links
no hot water for us this Christmas!!
welcome. is that a plea or a rant :LOL: can you take some pictures of the boiler/flue and the cylinder and upload them here.
how serious is the leak on the cylinder! it must be severe if hes advised not using it(and drained it?)

Sponsored Links
:eek: wow sure your still alive

just to let you know these boilers work on positive pressure the fan is fitted before the burner an if there is faulty case seals you could die!!

I'm sure he could have done a temporary job with a direct immersion-only cylinder for you over christmas, would have at least given you some hot water and would normally only have taken a couple of hours to do.

As for venting through the roof, the flue can go that way but it won't have any effect on the freezing condensates, which are a different issue. Condensates run externally go down or across to a soil stack, the best thing to do where possible is to run these internally.

I agree that your current flue position does not comply with modern regulations.

the prob got worse and now we have no heat either until new year :(

new boiler, oh and shower as exisiting one is gravity fed and new system wont be

anyway thanks for advice and merry christmas to all :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back