DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

hotpoint washer wt721 ultima. f-08 fault , please help !!

Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmax

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote

today the machine did not empty properly then we got it emptied, before there was a fault code h20 coming up, then we opened door and clothes were still water logged so we tried to run a spin at 1200, the spin cycle did not start only the fault f-08 showed up in lcd window. its near xmas and we needd to get all our childrens clothes washed and sorted,can anyone please give us some advice. i have went in again just now, tried to run a spin but machine seems to start to run a spin then after about 10 seconds f-08 comes up on lcd. then i try to turn washing machine off at start /stop switch but it doesnt, i try to turn machine off at on /off switch but it doesnt, it will only turn off at the wall ?

advice needed badly please , if someone could leave even a phone number we could call for advice if nessessary.

thankyou all in advance
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
rocks1

from Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote

First all all unplug it for 2 mins to clear error code. That error relates to heater or pcb fault. Check the wires on the heater then pcb make sure they are tight. Give the relays a tap on the pcb it could be stuck.
 Alert Moderators
dmax

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote

rocks1 wrote:
First all all unplug it for 2 mins to clear error code. That error relates to heater or pcb fault. Check the wires on the heater then pcb make sure they are tight. Give the relays a tap on the pcb it could be stuck.

thankyou very much rocks but what is pcb ? also "give the relays a tap"? can you be more specific thanks
 Alert Moderators
rocks1

from Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote

Pcb is module / circuit board etc. Found at the back in the corner with a White cover over it. Remove rear cover to see. Relays are on the pcb.
 Alert Moderators
dmax

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote

dmax wrote:
rocks1 wrote:

thankyou very much rocks but what is pcb ? also "give the relays a tap"? can you be more specific thanks

i have now tried to run a rinse/spin for 30 minutes it seems to be going ok but that was only 3 minutes ago so i am keeping an eye on things meanwhile. though when i put it on a 1200 fast spin it will start up then stop in about 10 seconds showing the f-08 fault.

if i get engineer out how much could this cost ? average ? i know all too well there are lots of cowboys out there who will let on it needs a whole new panel board or something, i just wouldnt be able to tell if we are getting ripped off or not.

thanks
 Alert Moderators
dmax

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote

dmax wrote:
dmax wrote:
rocks1 wrote:

i have now tried to run a rinse/spin for 30 minutes it seems to be going ok but that was only 3 minutes ago so i am keeping an eye on things meanwhile. though when i put it on a 1200 fast spin it will start up then stop in about 10 seconds showing the f-08 fault.

if i get engineer out how much could this cost ? average ? i know all too well there are lots of cowboys out there who will let on it needs a whole new panel board or something, i just wouldnt be able to tell if we are getting ripped off or not.

slow spin ran for about 3 minutes then went onto f-08......seems the board/panel is loose, on and off switch dont work unless i put my hand on the back of the panel to hold it, even so the f-08 switch is flashing on and off now. ive gave up , i just havent a clue sorry.
thanks
 Alert Moderators
rocks1

from Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote

Call hotpoint total cost 100.00 parts and labour all in. Pcb is 80 quid on it's own. Plus a independent will cost you more, top pcb is also 60.00 ..
 Alert Moderators
dmax

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote

rocks1 wrote:
Call hotpoint total cost 100.00 parts and labour all in. Pcb is 80 quid on it's own. Plus a independent will cost you more, top pcb is also 60.00 ..

so there are 2 pcb,s ? one at top 60 new, and one at back 100 for pcb plus labour costs ?

thanks
 Alert Moderators
rocks1

from Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote

If you call hotpoint the whole lot parts and labour will cost no more than a ton.
 Alert Moderators
jj45

from Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote

My wife has had this prob also yesterday 23rd and she also tried to do a rinse spin cycle. It was the first time she used this function so I wonder could it contain the fault. Anyway I switched off at wall socket cleared clothes from m/c - you need to wait until door release activates - 30 secs and the I set a short wash with m/c empty hoping to clear fault which seems to be related to heater. This seems to have worked so we are now doing a fast wash - 30mins instead of the rinse/spin. Try this ok
 Alert Moderators
Emerald7

from Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Hi, I am having the same problem with my Hotpoint washing machine. Can I ask how your story ended? Did an engineer come out to fix it? Or did the previous suggestions work i.e. tapping the relay etc. And if you got engineer how much did it cost to fix? Thanks.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Appliances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: