Worcester-Bosch digistat problems

I have to admit being a little amused by this thread. You have someone saying their boiler radio stat is intermittent, then somebody claiming to be a boiler doctor of somesuch says they are reliable and rarely go wrong.

I'm not a doctor, I'm an installer, and these blighters go wrong all the time, so I'm thinking, how can this 'expert' view be so different to mine? After all, I'm the real expert :D.

I think the subsequent postings say it all.

Worcester make good boilers but unfortunately choose to source some of their controls from Invensys Drayton. That means they invariably perfrom like Drayton wireless products. That's why we fit Honeywell with our Bosch installs - not perfect, but better.

hi simond i m a worcester approved gold installer and have been for 13 years! thats a lot of wb boilers fitted pal! that surely makes me an expert too doesn t it...oh wise one!!

Sponsored Links
Hello There,
I had this problem 2 years ago, Worcester Bosch changed both the stat and programmer, however suddenly the problem is back.
I've changed the batteries and re-learnt the programmer - stat, to no avail.

I think I'll concede it's a Wi Fi issue so the question I would ask is:
Is it possible to remove the timer from the boiler, and hard-wire to a programmer and stat? ie: is it just a matter of unplugging the internal programmer from ribbon cable and then wire out from the volt-free normally closed link on the pcb ?
I know I'll need a 230v supply at the programmer.

Thanks,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I have a Worcester digistat rf room thermostat, however the screen is going and looks like I will have to buy another. I was wondering if I can just buy this as a single unit and tune it it into my receiver i have already or do I have to buy the corresponding receiver to go with it as a set.

Please help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back