what make boiler would you install?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , can people give me there opinion on what make boiler they recommened please.

I want condensing,

To be installed in a 3 bed house, but the house is a bit bigger than adverage. Also there is a large garage that has a couple of rads in there. Its 120 cubic meters in size but with full insulation (the garage that is)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I will fit whatever a customer wants!

But if I was to chose a boiler then it would probably be a Viessmann, Vaillant or a Biasi M110.

A first step would be to calculate the heat loss of the property. How the hot water is to be heated and supplied is very relevant.

Tony

I will fit whatever a customer wants!

But if I was to chose a boiler then it would probably be a Viessmann, Vaillant or a Biasi M110.

A first step would be to calculate the heat loss of the property. How the hot water is to be heated and supplied is very relevant.

Tony

At the moment i have a heatline vizo 24. It heats water and heating perfect but can struggle to get the shower water as hot as i like on a cold day. (i do have high water pressure/flow tho)

I think i would like a slightly larger boiler than what i have now.

Do we still need to do calcs when i now the size of the boiler now is o.k?

I have tried to find the btu of the vizo 24 but cant download off the heatline website.

Sponsored Links
At the moment i have a heatline vizo 24. It heats water and heating perfect but can struggle to get the shower water as hot as i like on a cold day. (i do have high water pressure/flow tho)
The output of a Vizo 24 is 24.8kW. This is OK if your flow rate is less than 10 litres/min, but if it's higher you can take a larger boiler. Work on 2.5kW per litre/minute.

You should also check your heating requirement, particularly if you have a high flow rate, as you may find it is below the lower modulation limit of the boiler. You can do this by using the Boiler Size Calculator. Deduct 2kW from the result to give the heating requirement, then compare this to the lower limit for your proposed boiler. The lower the boiler can go, compared to your heating requirement, the better.

Example:

Heating requirement 12kW

Boiler A - 6kw to 30kW
Boiler B - 11kw to 30kW

Boiler A is the better choice as it goes further below the required 12kW.

thanks, i gave the calculator a go but must of done something wrong as it says i only need 12 kw?

Then again i could really use the options properly. For instance half th ehouse is pitched roof, then there is flat roof but insulated etc.

Also as my vizo only just manages to heat the house and its 24kw i guess i need larger.

For instance, if i set the heating to 21c it will heat the house to 21c. But it cant heat the house upto 22c unless i turn on the gas fire and then it will.

Also i have one rad that struggles to give out much heat, its the last rad on the line tho? This rad has been like it since it was installed. It is also the largest rad on the system.

Maybe some of my rads are under sized?

thanks, i gave the calculator a go but must of done something wrong as it says i only need 12 kw?
That could be correct as it is only working out your heating requirement. Hot water will require a larger boiler as it is a combi, which heats the water instantly.

Then again i could really use the options properly. For instance half the house is pitched roof, then there is flat roof but insulated etc.
Treat the two parts separately with a common wall. The number of walls in the calculator is the number exposed to the outside weather, so the "common wall" for each part would not be counted for either part.

Check that your rads add up to the heating requirement - use Stelrad Elite Catalogue to estimate the rad outputs.

Also i have one rad that struggles to give out much heat, its the last rad on the line tho? This rad has been like it since it was installed. It is also the largest rad on the system.
Sounds as if the system needs balancing. Read How to balance a CH system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back