so whats the average charge to install a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the average charge to install a boiler.

New combi replacing a existing combi so some pipe work will need altering
around the boiler. No floorboards need to be lifted as all pipes are running down the wall the boiler is being screwed to.

Guess this is 1 days work at the most?

Sponsored Links
What is the adverage charge to install a boiler.

New combi replacing a existing combi so some pipe work will need altering
around the boiler. No floorboards need to be lifted as all pipes are running down the wall the boiler is being screwed to.

Guess this is 1 days work at the most?

: :LOL:

We would charge about £840 plus the cost of the boiler in our local area.

Usually it would take up to 3 1/2 days as power flushing alone takes about 5 hours.

Of course we dont just walk away when we are paid. We answer our phones every day of the year in case any help or advice is required by our customers ( and that includes Christmas day too! )

Anyone who does it in just one day is likely to be cutting corners. Anyone who disagrees can offer a location where their one day work can be inspected.

[ Whilst composing that message I had a call at 0052hrs from a customer who had a problem and wanted me to come out to him. I was able to give him free advice to turn off the filling valve! He may get me to come and give it a service later in the week! ]

Tony

Sponsored Links
Your assumptions and prospective customers are what make this trade dificult

"I usually lift a 50 kilo boiler onto the wall with my little finger"
so it must be atleast 1 day plus 2 men for an extra hour.

I suppose u also think installing a cooker is just connecting a rubber hose!
What about removing old system and flushing.
Once boiler is fitted- commisioning and benchmark(ballancing and inspecting system can take half a day with paperwork and handover!
Then time spent notifying.
Anyone with that kind of outlook/attitude can get someone of ebay to throw there junkbox in for me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Agile 3 and a half days for a combi change over thank god you dont charge by the hour and what makes you think an already sealed system would need a 5 hour powerflush.
Dependant on existing gas supply(to size) and condensate run being close by easily a days work boiler can be off the wall and new one back on in couple of hours leaving time for a flush .

OP what do you consider best value for money getting a guy in who knows what they are doing and charges you say 800 quid for the day or gettin a nupty in who some how can stretch a basic job to over 3 days and it looks like the are charging you only 240 a day.

But then again this boiler you have goes from just over a year old to 4.5 and standard flue to vertical flue .Being moved from one location to another . Been powerflushed professionally to being diyed by yourself and copper and plastic pipework.

It would be handy if you could keep to one story ;)

Agile 3 and a half days for a combi change over thank god you dont charge by the hour and what makes you think an already sealed system would need a 5 hour powerflush.
Dependant on existing gas supply(to size) and condensate run being close by easily a days work.

OP what do you consider best value for money getting a guy in who knows what they are doing and charges you say 500 quid for the day or gettin a nupty in who some how can stretch a basic job to over 3 days and it looks like the are charging you only 240 a day.
And here we have the nub of the issue :!: Not who is better/ more knowlegable . BUT - The totally half arsed Unregulated " industry" that is the heating trade in Little Britain in the 21st Century - Fed by Matt Allright et. al. Thank God I never have to hire in unknown people to repair my house - I`ve got enough trouble with my poxy 3 year old French car :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

£20000000000 with tea and biscuits and sleep with your daughter if's she's over 21 and fit, but I don't powerflush ;)

I would charge a £100 a second...

if it took me more then 10000 seconds then it is fix price of million. but my team of 40 guys can get it done in 2 hours most of the time :LOL:

i`ll do it for free as im desperate for work and am sitting by the phone waiting for yoor call.im on my way

Your assumptions and prospective customers are what make this trade dificult
What a shame you have to work for anyone at all. Why don't you just stay home if you hate customers so much? Oh wait, they give you money :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back