Worcester 24CDi dhw fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi chaps hope you can help,the ch is fine but when the hot water is turned on the boiler fires up for a couple of mins then cuts out then fires up again and so on and so on ive changed the diverter valve ( which i was told could be the fault) but its still doing it

Sponsored Links
yes the flow is con. there are no faults shown on the front of the boiler

Sponsored Links
Have you managed to resolve the problem with the boiler??, I have the same problem on a worcester bosch 24cdi . originally I thought the problem was due to an Air lock, as the vent at the top was given out steam. I'm now just about to change the diverter value and clear out any sludge.

It's probably sludge on the primary side of the secondary heat exchanger. Practically every combi seem to suffer from it sooner or later (though I suppose I don't see the ones which are OK!)

It can be cleaned,, or you can just replace the h/e. It could (generally) also be sludge covering the temp sensor, blockage in the main h/e, knoackered pump..........

C Heating OK?

are you sure the hot water light doesn't flash.....the burner should light at low flame then the fan speed increase and the burner light on high flame. Could be the gas valve solenoid not opening to the high demand.

sounds to me like its your dhw thermister
or it could be the flow switch

thanks for the info so far- I have tonight just run the CH Only. its ok for about 15min then the pressure needle jumps up and boiler shuts down Leaving the CH demand light on but nothing else. the previous night I just run the HW and again I get hot water for about 4 mins then the pressure needle jumps and the boiler makes very loud banging sound, with the odd bit of steam venting. when I run the CH and then also demand some HW we are ok for about 30 seconds before the pressure needle jumps and the boiler shuts down making lots of loud noises. and yes sometimes both HW and CH lights flash slowly - hope this makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back