how do you remove a Zone from a Veritas 8 alarm system??

ilm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having trouble with one zone on my system that I want to remove totally from the zones I have programmed into it. I'm currently "omitting" it every time I set the alarm.

Is this possible and how do you do it??

thanks

ILM

Sponsored Links
Yes.

You need to remove the lid from your alarm panel and install a small peice of wire to link together the two terminals corresponding to the zone number you are having issues with. You do not need to remove any wires.

It will be two terminals next to each other on the long bottom edge of the main PCB.

Zone one starts roughly in the middle of this long line of connectors, and zone 8 ends at the right hand side of these connectors.

When you remove the panel lid your alarm will go off. Putting in your user code will stop it.

When you have finished you will need to press reset on your keypad.

Or if you have the engineering code delete the zone.
No need to open the panel.

If only for one reason, if your unsure you could grab hold of the mains supply. It can kill.

Up to you really.

RF, bit silly not to mention lethal voltages in the panel.
Then again this is DIY.

You can't delete zones off a veritas.

OP, it the bottom left hand corner of the panel there is an incomming mains connection. You should remove the fuse from the spur adjacent to your panel before removing the panel lid.

Sponsored Links
You could trick it, tell it it is a push to set.
Keep parameters at final door.

But what do I know.

At least this time you warned of mains in the panel.

That was my main point here.
Crafty programming i`ll save for later.

Alarm
which manual for the G3 - 144? installation or programming
how about the Dimension one! 151 pages !!!

now thats a manual!!

but we who use this panel on a daily basis, only usually use it for a reference, (or in case we forget what does what and why!)

there are some really large manuals out there, i think one of the best was a Europlex and or ATS< (but we wont talk about ATS will we, unless you work for that big lock company who love to fit them!)

How about my 256 page Galaxy Classic ?

or my

Dimension Installer Manual 306 pages ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back