Worcester 35Cdi problem - boiler stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

This is my 1st post here & I have stumbled upon this forum via google as it seems to have many asking questions as well as many helping :)

ok I'll start at from the beginning and really hope somebody can help please:

Boiler: Worcester 35Cdi, Digistat wireless thrmostat - Empty premeises

- radiators upstairs needed removing for plastering so diy man came round, drained the boiler, switched it off & disconnnected all upstairs radiators.
- 4 weeks later he has come back to refit. all radiators put back into place, pressure redone in boiler using charge key & boiler switched on.
-whilst getting ready it displays '06' and then after a few minutes 'c6' and then seems to do nothing.

The bolier was working fine before switched off so my questions:

1) Is there any certain way it should have been restarted again?
2) Is something wrong & how can I check?
3) Why would this happpen?

I don't know if its significant but there was a burst pipe outside that was spitting water ferociously when found and this water seemed to have been flowing through the system as there was some noise coming out the boiler even though it was switched off and when the leaking pipe was stopped, so did this noise.

Any indication of whats wrong & what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
many thanks.

it was working perfectly before stopped so any reason for it to fail?

also their helpdesk said to check fan has 230voltage, how do i check this? with a multimeter?

Sponsored Links
It is very common for everything to work OK until the day it stops. This is the definition of a breakdown.

Yes you will need a multimeter.

Hi Simon,

Ok thanks again!

Please can you advise what to do with this multimeter...I have one but have never used one & am a novice DIY'er :oops:

Hello,

Ok I got a mate to check the voltage with the instruction of manufacturer.

The way he did this was put the multimeter in the cable that plugs into the fan. He measured the voltage going through the 2 brown wire bits. This apparently shows that the PCB is sending 230v to the fan so the PCB is fine?

So where do we go from here?

Please can somebody advise if they know why the fan would stop working after the boiler has been off & drained? I appreciate it's called a breakdown but there must have been something that caused it given that it was functioning perfectly and nothing was done to it to cause this.

Could it have been because the boiler was not shut off or restarted in the correct manner? What is the correct manner?

Sorry for so many questions but I like to understand things!

It seems to have a fault!

You dont know what the fault is even though you have been there.

I dont know either but then I have never even seen your boiler.

My advice is to call a competent engineer!

Tony

Hi Tony,

I'm not an engineer mate hence I may not be competant in this dept & that's why I ask for advice on here!

Ok it has a fault, diagnosed to be the fan....but what my question is that is there any likely cause of the fan to stop working after the senario outlined in the 1st post?

It is important to know this as if the fan is replaced costing about £200 & the underlying problem is still there then it could happen again.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back