Need help with pine plywood...

All biscuit cutting blades are the same diameter and kerf (thickness.
100mm dia and 4mm thick.
Yo can get a router cutter for cutting biscuit slots but as the diameter is smaller you have to cut it a bit longer than just a plunge cut.
I use both depending on what I am doing at the time.

Sponsored Links
Dewy said:
All biscuit cutting blades are the same diameter and kerf (thickness.
100mm dia and 4mm thick.

If you look at the biscuits Salem is using you will see that a 4mm thick blade would be too thin.

I doubt very much whether lincoln or wagon wheels would hold boards together.

All compressed beech biscuits are under 4mm but swell up with the moisture in the glue making a tight joint.
They should be stored in an airtight container preferably with a bag of silica gel to prevent moisture in the atmosphere causing them to swell up before use.

Dewy said:
I doubt very much whether lincoln or wagon wheels would hold boards together.

Doh, I was wondering why all my projects kept falling apart :D

By the way, anyone know why I keep getting splinters when I have a cuppa...... :LOL: :LOL:

Salem.

Sponsored Links
Hope you keep your biscuits in an airtight container, I find this is particularly important with digestives!

Actually we once left some Freud biscuits in a pot of water overnight and found that the swelling was only about 0.1mm and they still slid fairly easily into the slot. We used to use 200 - 300 biscuits per week without ever actually putting any adhesive into the slot, only on the faces to be joined. In 2 years I never knew a joint to fail.

petewood said:
I pay about £12/sq.m for laminated pine
OOI, where do you buy yours?

What's the largest size obtainable?

Do you know if they are all much of a muchness, qualiy wise, or are some manufacturer's products better than others?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back