Corsa dashboard light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone Happy New Year, i have a problem with the light on my dashboard which shows which gear your in (Automatic car) which has gone out, i think it is an Led rather than a bulb not sure though.
My question is how do you get the dashboard off to check it?.

Sponsored Links
Try and push the clocks quite hard in the middle and see if the light comes back on.these have a know fault with bad connection at rear of clocks.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for replies, tried pushing clocks no good, Year is 53 plate Corsa design not sure what you mean by b,c,d

B, C, D are the marks of Corsa (the Corsa A was still called Nova in this country). You have a Corsa C.

The 'common' lights will be LED, and some filament bulb. They put a mixture in so the 'option' lights will be filament.

You need to take off the column shroud and remove the cluster surround, then the instrument cluster itself.

The column shroud needs to be unclipped at the front (turn the wheel 90 degs one way, then the other, and use a thin screwdriver to release the clips). The top half will come off first then the bottom, just look out for any screws that might be lurking (I can't remember if there are any).

The cluster surround is screwed in around the edges.

The cluster itself is screwed in and then pulls out (there's a multi-connector at the back). Make sure you push it back firm when re-assembling, and that the ignition's off when you carry out the work.

Back