What to do with old gadgets?

I

imamartian

Not sure if this is the right forum... ?

What's the best way of disposing of (recently) old technology?

The sort of things i mean are like an old sony mini disc player and a creative zen jukebox (MP3 player).
I really don't want to put them in a landfill site, and i imagine ebay returns to be very low. And not much copper or recyclables for the local tip?
Are there places that could use them? or recycle them?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Charity shop is a good idea, but will they need charger, manual etc?

You're not 'aving 'em Monkeh (but what would you do with 'em if i sent 'em to ya? ;) )

Not sure about freecycle - just feel like i'm giving them to some to make some cash with - although a good last resort i s'pose.

They won't need a manual but will need chargers or remote's etc so they can be sold to Joe Public!

They won't need a manual but will need chargers or remote's etc so they can be sold to Joe Public!

why didn't i think of that?

I'm leaving now.........

to collect up my old gadgets for the charity shops tomorrow.

Cheers

Charity shops usually won't take them. The chargers will need testing and they usually can't afford to.

You could always try selling on the classified section of AV Forums. AV Forums. There's no charge for doing so, and you'll reach perhaps the largest potential market outside of Ebay.

Make sure you read the forum rules - they're pretty strict about keeping ll negotiations in the thread (i.e. no private messages before a sale is agreed), and it does help your chances of a quick sale if you can take a few piccies. You should also get a price together for postage.

Have a look through the forum for previous sales of similar gear to see what sort of price to charge. I'm sure you can work out how to use the search feature to make that easy.

Boots do a recycle scheme, you collect an envelope, post it off and get Boots points for your item.
I have used it for an old mobile and a couple of print cartridges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back