Thermostat Technical info needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I currently have a Dreyton Digistat 3 (older version) hard wired to my boiler.
I am keen to switch to a wireless system as my current unit is not ideally placed, but when spending in excess of 100 of my pounds i would like to understand the 'jargon' more fully.

I have looked at the Siemens REV23RF and it states that it has 'up to 3 heating periods per day', and 'one temperature set point per heating period'...
Does this mean that you can only set the temp to change 3 times a day? My current one has 4 temp changes and I could use more.. Or does the unit have a base line setable temp (say ~18degC) and then you can heat from that to an increased temp 3 times a day? (This would be better)

I like to keep the temp at ~19 degC overnight and during the day, but elevate it first thing in the morning, and during the evening. This is 4 heating periods in my mind.

Am i understanding the 'jargon' correctly?
And am I looking at the right product for my needs?
Many thanks
Huw

Sponsored Links
I don't know the 23, but I have used a number of the 24's, nice bit of kit.

If you know how to read a manual, you can use the flexible holiday temp and base temp to create 5 temperature settings per day with these.

Why would you need more than 4 periods per day?

Get a Honeywell CM927.

It is easier to use than the competition and is made by the World leader building controls. They own lots of other companies you may have heard of, such as MK Electric.

You can have up to 6 time periods a day with CM927.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your prompt comments guys.
I'll be checking out the Honeywell - are they reliable? I read on another thread that Drayton and Honeywell were not considered as reliable as the Siemens offerings. But you guys who fit them will be far more informed than me.

I don't 'need' more temp changes, but the more you have, the more flexible the system is to set up. Also, when the wife has a habbit of pushing the temp up :rolleyes: , there is less time before the system will reset to a more 'reasonable' temp ;)

Thanks again.
Huw

..I read on another thread that Drayton and Honeywell were not considered as reliable as the Siemens offerings.

Siemens are the best, I've used Drayton, Honeywell, and Salus too, but now stick with Siemens unless client is adamant. Never had a problem with the loosing the signal through range or bonding, which is more than I can say about the others.
Have had huge problems with Draytons; they had a fault which the company denied. They must have redesigned them because they were bored I suppose. :rolleyes: :evil: Will never use a Drayton again. Honeywell aren't bad, but not as solid as S.

Also, when the wife has a habbit of pushing the temp up :rolleyes: , there is less time before the system will reset to a more 'reasonable' temp ;)

No control system is wife-proof, sad, but true. Best advice re her: install a fake old style control and never tell her about the real one.

Thanks again for your advice.
You are right about the wife issue LOL

If i could find a wireless Siemens with 6 temp changes i would be happy.
Many thanks
Huw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back