28cdi worcester Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have a 28cdi worcester and recently the boiler does not \\\'Kick in\\\' when I turn the Hot Tap on.
However, I get hot water if I advance the timer and crank the Thermostat for the heating up.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Search on ""flow switch", "diaphragm" and "Diverter".

first check micro switch on diverter valve is working.
second find the microswitch connections on pcb.bridge out does boiler fire with ch off.if fire up now pcb is ok.

its usually the diaphgram in diverter valve worn out.they go after approx 3 years or sooner if high hot water usage.

i always change the complete diverter valve,as its such a pig to get diverter valve out and in,you only want to do this once,you will understand.believe me.

follow makers instructions.dont get water into pcb housing if you do dry it out with a hair drier.allow plenty of time to do this job.

for your guidance i would charge for 2 hours labour.part price approx £80.00.and a box of pain killers and a box of plasters for cut fingers.

I would agree with the box of plasters the ammount of times i cut my fingers on the razor sharp dhe edges, if you wear gloves they might as well be boxing gloves as they get in the way, also always use silicon gease on the o rings when reassemling to help stop leaks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back