No alarm after power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wondering whats happened to my alarm, We had a power cut and now nothing happens when you key in the code, it beeps and lights up but doesnt switch the alarm on. also the small light at the top left that says mains used to be lit up now it isnt, (dont know if thats the problem) View media item 29651 [/img]

Sponsored Links
When you've got a duff battery the mains voltage comes back on with a bang (spike). This may have blown a fuse inside the panel. Check them out. (Little glass things). Oh and get a new battery.

Cheers when the best place to get a battery and what type will i need, also dont want to sound to stupid but wheres the fuse?

Get someone in as you're not confident, the damage you could do to the alarm let alone yourself is well worth the cost of an engineer.

And no, I'm not being alarmist, no pun intended, I'm being realistic and safety concious.

Sponsored Links
cheers for your concern but im a boiler engineer so im hoping to give this a go. Final question is the fuse i need to check in the keypad or in the main box under the stairs, will the alarm go off if i open this

The fuses are on the main board. It's nowhere near as dangerous as a boiler re voltages.

When you take the lid off the tamper may sound. Just put your number in to shut it up and then take voltage readings across the fuses - if you get a reading then that means the fuse has blown. You are only dealing with 13 volts unlike the 240 you are used to dealing with. :p

Sorry, but there will be 240VAC inside the panel too.
It will be marked up.
I asssume as you service boilers you are aware of isolatoin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back