top radiator needs bleeding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Iv'e recently had my boiler changed, and since then the radiator in my loft conversion needs bleeding regularly . the plumber did a full powerflush before the boiler was replaced and says that this is is just symptomatic of a single radiator in a loft and ther's not much you can do about it. is this true?

Sponsored Links
Iv'e recently had my boiler changed, and since then the radiator in my loft conversion needs bleeding regularly . the plumber did a full powerflush before the boiler was replaced and says that this is is just symptomatic of a single radiator in a loft and ther's not much you can do about it. is this true?

No, you should have no air entering the system.

Your plumber is full of shit.
However he solves the problem, is his problem; he should have done a proper job, so you are in your rights to demand he gets the whole thing working as it should.

Sponsored Links
Yes, very simple, the installer is a muppet who installed it wrong.

thanks guys, any reason for this to be happening?

Is it a sealed or open vent system, if open vent the question is, How high is the radiator compared to the height of the head tank?.

not in every case, do you have two head tanks in the loft?, Do you have a braided hose for pressurising the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back