Radiator not working in new gas install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I recently moved into a new place that has just got a new gas install.

Everything is working apart from 1 radiator in the living room.

I have already bled it but it didn't need it at all.

There is a thermostat in the living room, Im guessing this only control the living room as all others have a control on the radiator but the living room 1 doesnt.

Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks very much!

John

Sponsored Links
Get the installer back that fitted it to sort it out, should be under warrantee

before you call the installer can you check that both the rad valves are open, saves a wasted journey just to turn a valve on ;)

Are they the two white knobs at both ends?

Sorry, first time in my own place with gas, took me over a day to work out how to get the bar pressure up to get it going haha.

The 2 knobs have been painted over so I cant see what it says on them, if anything.

Sponsored Links
There might be white knobs you can turn, or there might be white caps with a metal valve underneath. You'll probably need pliers to turn the metal valve. Anti-clockwise will open them, clockwise shuts them off.

Might just be airlock in pipes if you had to refill it
if valves are open and its not heating turn off the other rads to force air out the way and rad should heat up

Thanks for the reply :)

I got the right valve open no problem but the left just wont budge 1 bit, thats even after I took off the cap and tried pliers, Im pushing it to the point I think might even be too much and break off the valve tip so dont want to do anymore.

Opening the right valve hasn't made any difference though.

I just noticed the thermostat has a light which isn't coming on when I change the temp, could it mean that isn't working?
I took the cover off the make sure the dial was changing the temp and turned it myself but no change.

I checked the main fuse box and have a fuse for the gas, but Id say that would just be for the main boiler/control but thats working ok.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back