hob and oven wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just got a new built in under electric single oven 2.3kw,i can i beleive stick a 13amp plug on the oven and plug it in.But can i hard wire it together with the electric hob i also have brought.the hob is a bog standard hob ,not induction or nothing like that,i know this needs to be hard wired in,how do i hard wire the hob and the oven together,many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have just got a new built in under electric single oven 2.3kw,i can i beleive stick a 13amp plug on the oven and plug it in.But can i hard wire it together with the electric hob i also have brought.the hob is a bog standard hob ,not induction or nothing like that,i know this needs to be hard wired in,how do i hard wire the hob and the oven together,many thanks

You asked this question a few days ago?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1850509#1850509

Search the site you will find lots of questions and answers on this issue.

Your question is how can I. Assuming your not an electrician who is a member of a scheme then you have to first apply to the local authority building control and pay their absorbent fee. Over £100.
As a result likely cheaper to get an electrician who is a member of a scheme to do the work.
There are cooker connection points and fused connection units which can be used but much depends on what you already have and what space there is to fit them.
Really unlikely once you see LABC charges you will DIY so not worth going any further.

Hi

WELLI AM ASKING AGAIN

Sponsored Links
Your question is how can I. Assuming your not an electrician who is a member of a scheme then you have to first apply to the local authority building control and pay their absorbent fee. Over £100.
As a result likely cheaper to get an electrician who is a member of a scheme to do the work.
There are cooker connection points and fused connection units which can be used but much depends on what you already have and what space there is to fit them.
Really unlikely once you see LABC charges you will DIY so not worth going any further.
I THOUGHT THE IDEA OF THIS FORUM IS TO HELP PEOPLE>NOT QUOTE BLOODY RUBBISH ABOUT APPLYING FOR CERTS FROM THE COUNCIL<AND NOT CORRECT GRAMMER<JUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT OR DONT YA KNOW>

WELLI AM ASKING AGAIN[/quote]

The reason you did not get an answer was because both Ericmark and myself asked you questions about the hob and the oven and you could not be bothered to answer.

That is plain bad manners to ask for help and then ignore questions. That is one sure way of getting you IGNORED on this forum.

Starting up another thread on the same subject is another sure way to get ignored. So, micky, goodbye.
You are off my christmas card list and on my ignore list.

Have a nice life. :evil:

The reason you did not get an answer was because both Ericmark and myself asked you questions about the hob and the oven and you could not be bothered to answer.

Ericmark posted a very useful post, but I don't think he asked any questions.

Are you BAS's little brother? :LOL:

WELLI AM ASKING AGAIN
What was the point, since you either cannot or will not answer the questions which you have to answer?

I THOUGHT THE IDEA OF THIS FORUM IS TO HELP PEOPLE>
Some people make themselves impossible to help.

NOT QUOTE BLOODY RUBBISH ABOUT APPLYING FOR CERTS FROM THE COUNCIL
It's not rubbish of any sort - you are legally obliged to do it.

You may choose not to, but that still doesn't make it rubbish.

AND NOT CORRECT GRAMMER
I don't think anyone has corrected your grammar (or spelling), have they?

JUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT
No.

OR DONT YA KNOW>
1) No, because you cannot or will not provide the information needed to know how to do it.
2) I wouldn't anyway because you're a nasty, shouty little waste of space.
3) Go away.

Ericmark posted a very useful post, but I don't think he asked any questions.

Are you BAS's little brother? :LOL:

No, the questions that we asked of him, last week, on this //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1850509#1850509 and couldn't be bothered to read, or reply to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back