gloworm fuelsaver mk2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago, i had someone work on my boiler (glowworm fuelsaver mk2)
Ever since, i have had hot water through the taps o.k. but no hot water to the radiators, i have been told this could be because of the engineer turning the pump off and forgeting to turn it back on ?
I haven't a clue about boilers, but if it's something as simple as turning a switch inside the boiler, i'd rather take my chances with that than pay an engineer to do it for me,
can anyone confirm if this is my problem ?
and if possible, tell me how to turn the pump back on ?

Thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
Sorry for being picky but if a while ago he left it broke, how come a while ago you didn't tell him he'd left it broke and tell him to get his arse back to your house and fix it?

I tried, but basically he is the brother in law of a lodger who i have since evicted,
hence his reluctance to help me out, he was a bit of a tosser anyway.

Try turning it back on, look for the switches, programmer etc. if you can't find them I don't think anyone here will be of much help to you, so you may have to call an engineer. Have a look and tell us what you find.

Sponsored Links
There aint any switches that I know of inside a fuelsaver to turn the pump on and off, I think the pump is fed from the boiler terminal block so as to give an overun after demand to stop it overheating, you may be one of a few lucky people to get your tank heated by gravity from this boiler instead of the boiler overheating, you need to check to see if the pump is getting voltage, if so and it aint working then the pumps either stuck or stuffed, you may have a motorised valve not working, you havent told us the type of system you have and whats on it so it's difficult to give anymore advice.

Possibly a faulty 3-way valve (which on our system is located in the upstairs airing cupboard). Also in there is the system timer and controls for hot water to radiators only, radiators and taps, or taps only -hence 3-way valve. Check these controls in case they're on the wrong setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back