swollen kitchen worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a new kitchen with mitred worktops at the end of November for a customer. One of the joints has swollen in an area the size of a cricket ball in diameter, the customer says they have not put anything hot on the worktop or had any standing water in the area.

I've been kitchen fitting for over 15 years and never seen this before in such a small area or in such a short time scale after fitting. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Go back to the manufacturer (with pictures) and see what they say, they might even back you up saying only a heat source could of done this.
Surprising that it only happened after christmas, with all the cooking going on. :D

Just another customer from hell trying to pass the buck to a tradesman. :evil:

Andy

Sponsored Links
i had a very similar thing to this,done to a kitchen i fitted a few years back,swollen joint,customer tried it on by saying its just blown,in comes his missus and sparys water every where etc and walks out.

END OF CONVERSATION ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back