How do I take off the radiator turner/cap/adjuster/knob PICS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
pull the cap upwards it'll come off.
where is the leak ?
if its on the nut below the valve shutting the valve off won't help you.

You pull. May also need a bit of a wiggle, but mainly you pull

Sponsored Links
nut below the valve ??

I dont understand, Im new at this

if you think your going to stop the leak following that video god help you.
laughingchimp.gif

why

whats wrong with that video

what should I do then ??

its just a simple leak,

if you plan on removing that valve you'll flood the place.
the video fails to tell you to drain the system before removing gland nut or valve.

the bit where they screw the spindle out of the body mainly......

they forget to mention the gallons of black water that you will have making an attractive water feature in your lounge

edit: yeah, what seco says :D

if the leaks from the nut/pipe below the valve then either the olive has failed, pipes been whacked and damaged or the nut is loose.

see if you can nip the nut.
if not its a drain down.

if you mean the white top cap no that will close the circulation off and rad gos cold the leak is below the valve.

just pull the white top off or lever it with a screwdriver . underneath if that is the spindle and a small gland nut if that is where the drip is coming from just nip the nut up till you can still turn the valve but no leak . theres no need to dismantle any thing, will take you 5 mins max.

if the leaks from the nut/pipe below the valve then either the olive has failed, pipes been whacked and damaged or the nut is loose.

see if you can nip the nut.
if not its a drain down.

if you mean the white top cap no that will close the circulation off and rad gos cold the leak is below the valve.

okay

what do i do if the nut is loose ??

whats the procedure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back