Candy GrandO go1282 washing machine-error16 on startup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi-I have a Candy GrandO washing machine which is flashing error 16 on startup.It has been manually drained and there are no blockages.The heating element is fine and reads 28ohms.Any ideas as to what to check next (control board)? TIA Dave

Sponsored Links
An E16 error suggests a short circuited element or defective electrical insulation. If you measured 28 ohms it isn't shorted, but I suppose the element could have a low IR value to earth (which sometimes causes odd alarms/symptoms). Failing having access to a 500v megger I can only suggest you set your multimeter on the highest resistance scale & measure the element to earth. Or disconnect and insulate the the heater terminals, then try a wash cycle to see what happens. If the fault is cleared with the heater out of circuit then I would change it. If not then you may have a pcb issue.

Thanks for that- I will try and measure the IR with my digi multimeter and also isolate the element as you say. Will let you know..cheers! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back