Fuel prices........what can we do??

Sorry guys, its a case of pay up and shut up. There is FA we can do about the cost of fuel.
Now that REALLY is the British mentality ... Why do you think the price of petrol is so low in the US?
Because eveytime they put a cent on a gallon half the population go mental ... Every US government recognises the power of the electorate on this issue and it matters not whether the incumbent party is democrat or republican ... Fuel prices remain low.

We get shafted in this country on all manner of issues because everyone has your attitude ... There's nothing we can do about it so we won't bother.

I'm just glad I spend a significant amount of time overseas nowadays because this country really is losing the plot I'm very sad to say and the apathy from the British people frustrates the hell out of me. :rolleyes:

MW

Sponsored Links
If you don't tax fuel then you have to tax something else. 30% VAT? That would be popular. The books aren't balancing. We are still borrowing more and more each month. It's like holding the Olympics in London month in month out. Who's going to pay for it all?

what's wrong with you lot? diesel is about £1.20 per litre... so 60p per pint? Whereas beer is £3.00 a pint!!!! where 's the problem? :eek:

what are you on??

you can choose to drink, fuel is essential to go about your work if you are like us self employed.
it has already reached a point that i am not taking on some work as it would cost me more than i'd earn! my wife is on the point of giving up her job as she isn't making any money as 90% of her money goes on fuel to get to clients (she's a home care worker) on minimum wage!

Now that REALLY is the British mentality ... Why do you think the price of petrol is so low in the US?
Because every time they put a cent on a gallon half the population go mental ... Every US government recognises the power of the electorate on this issue and it matters not whether the incumbent party is democrat or republican ... Fuel prices remain low.

We get shafted in this country on all manner of issues because everyone has your attitude ... There's nothing we can do about it so we won't bother.

I'm just glad I spend a significant amount of time overseas nowadays because this country really is losing the plot I'm very sad to say and the apathy from the British people frustrates the hell out of me. :rolleyes:

MW

Its your friends in America that caused the Credit Crunch and they are paying for it just like us.
Their cars use twice the fuel ours do so you can see why they cry out when the fuel price go up. Basically the Americans are wasters. They can afford to waste all kinds of resources because their housing has never been as high as ours so they have more to spend.
They are desperately trying to preserve their own fuel stocks by buying on the world markets. They want us to run out before they do.
It's not necessarily a good thing to allow the tail to wag the dog as they do in America. That's the sign of weak self interested management.
I hate what's going on here but we are a stoic people prepared to listen to reason and the bigger picture. The Americans have time and again when they don't like it thrown their toys out of the pram.

May be the £x£ users will now give them up to leave some fuel for us more sensible users.

Sponsored Links
Its your friends in America that caused the Credit Crunch and they are paying for it just like us.
This isn't about the credit crunch its about people standing up for what they believe to be important rather than leaving things to clearly incompetent people in Government.

Their cars use twice the fuel ours do so you can see why they cry out when the fuel price go up.
Indeed and most sensible Americans now recognise this fact and are embracing hybrid technologies far more vigourously than we are.

Basically the Americans are wasters.
Spoken like a true insular Brit who clearly knows naff all about the Americans. They are leading the World in research into renewable forms of energy and make far better use of their utility services than we do ... Take water, as an example, many cities now use their water 3 times more effectively than we do ... They purify the source for human consumption, process waste for utility services (golf courses etc) and then allow it to fall back in to the source for re-use. Yes, this does mean that you drink purified waste water in the US.

They can afford to waste all kinds of resources because their housing has never been as high as ours so they have more to spend.
More mis-informed nonsense ... Pro-rata to salary we get far more property for our earnings than an American.

They are desperately trying to preserve their own fuel stocks by buying on the world markets. They want us to run out before they do.
And we will :rolleyes:

It's not necessarily a good thing to allow the tail to wag the dog as they do in America. That's the sign of weak self interested management.
Errrm ... Hello ... It's actually called democracy, taking an active interest in the country in which you live and standing up for what is right. If you go through life with your head in the sand all people will see is an arse :cool:

I hate what's going on here but we are a stoic people prepared to listen to reason and the bigger picture.
Nope, sorry, not falling for it ... The British people are becoming the laughing stock of the World for letting successive incompetent Governments piece by piece dismantle what made this country great ... We are no longer a credible force in World politics despite best efforts by our political buffoons to ingratiate themselves with those who are.

The Americans have time and again when they don't like it thrown their toys out of the pram.
Indeed they have, and they are still a great World nation because of it ... Wake up and smell the coffee :rolleyes:

MW

my wife is on the point of giving up her job as she isn't making any money as 90% of her money goes on fuel to get to clients (she's a home care worker) on minimum wage!

And what a great job they do too. It's about time they were paid for the full cost of travel.

It's a mathematical certainty that the USA will go bust in the next five years. Get ready for the REAL depression that will last decades.

So Meg, you basically agree with what I said. I thought I was on my own then ;)

It's a mathematical certainty that the USA will go bust in the next five years. Get ready for the REAL depression that will last decades.
Don't s'pose you'd care to share any of this maths with us Joe?

MW

It was on the BBC news last night. From memory they are on 12% of GDP today and in 5 years it will have risen to 114%.

All my buddies seem to be doing okay :confused:

There is certainly concern among the US people (as here) that those who caused the chaos have neither learnt their lesson nor paid enough for the mess they created.

General outlook for the future of the US economy is positive amongst my group of friends though.

Most of them are self made businessmen whose view I respect more than what may get reported in the media if I'm honest.

Time will tell ... Let's put this on hold for 5 years and then re-visit ;)

MW

I personally cant wait till I am in a position to move to Europe most likely Spain, not just because of the cost of fuel its just not a happy place to be when you are working class, get shafted at every turn

My road tax has gone up now its £134 for 6 months, I drive a petrol Zafira 1.8 Auto, wrong car I know but one day I hope to make it LPG

Not proud to be British in the slightest!!!

The sad thing is that I was VERY proud to be British in my younger days and I can't believe how much damage has been done to all aspects of our society by successive incompetent governments.

I do hold out (somewhat naive) hope that the right person will come to the fore and undo at least some of the damage.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back