Fuel prices........what can we do??

I detect a sense of irony here..

Gerunt, who the F are you to decide who should be on a forum or not? Get a grip on reality young man !!!
So let's see what ima is basing this statement on shall we...
it is nice to see and hear from a valued member of this site....

so mick... what the **** are you doing on here...

Hmm... 5th post down ;)

ellal you're boring.
You're not in keeping with what this place is.. it's supposed to be a forum for lively and friendly debate.. there's no place for your ranting and putting people down all the time just because you disagree with them...

So what was that you were saying?...:LOL:

Mind you, I'm happy to give you the last word..

So you're suggesting i'm not a man of my word... well you need to look at the facts....

Sponsored Links
Hmm, 2 4 1?!! it's like being in superdrug !!!

happy days indeed... ;)

Sponsored Links
The original question was 'What can we do about it?' Previous answers show that all we ever do about anything is moan, sl*g eachother off, be rude and deviate from the question - just like the government.

I remember reading on this forum some time ago, the idea of boycotting one large petrol supplier until they reduced their prices resulting in everyone else following suit. I think that sounds feasable.

I would suggest also that the motoring organisations get off their *rses and stage some sort of protest. What about a TWO million man protest in London on the day of the royal wedding for instance.

The original question was 'What can we do about it?' Previous answers show that all we ever do about anything is moan, sl*g eachother off, be rude and deviate from the question - just like the government.
Have a word with ima then...he's the tw*at who wants to stir things all the time! ;)
I remember reading on this forum some time ago, the idea of boycotting one large petrol supplier until they reduced their prices resulting in everyone else following suit. I think that sounds feasable.
A load of b*llocks, as it won't work!

I would suggest also that the motoring organisations get off their *rses and stage some sort of protest. What about a TWO million man protest in London on the day of the royal wedding for instance.
Well 1million didn't exactly stop an illegal war did it, so double that won't stop a wedding...lol

so if you can still afford fuel, now might be a good time to fill ur tank and keep it topped up cause i heard from the horses mouth or should that be herd. horses mouth? anyway tanker drivers are going to strike, you heard it here 1st

[/quote]
Well 1million didn't exactly stop an illegal war did it, so double that won't stop a wedding...lol[/quote]

I don't remember disagreeing with the war.

My dad forwarded an email to me today asking for a boycott of just BP and Esso garages. I honestly can't see that working as the refineries all supply fuel to garages. BP supply other petrol companies with their product so any boycott of BP petrol stations, isn't going to affect them in the slightest.
All we can do is to pressure the government to reduce fuel duty and vat on fuel, which I honestly can't see them doing. Did G Brown listen to the motorists during the last protests? Hmmm I remember he turned his blind eye to that.

We might learn something off the Egyptians and stand together against this b******.

Why do you keep voting the same tired parties into power then?

Anyway, reducing fuel duty means more borrowing and thus deeper cuts or higher tax elsewhere.

Stop being so blinkered and look at the big picture.

This is a fascinating thread showing people's perspective of life in Jan 2011 when petrol was £1.30 a litre and many were predicting an economic collapse.

I now pay 99p a litre and life isn't so bad. But new headlines such as austerity, IS, mass immigration, climate change are still worrying.

Any thoughts?

We just filled up with diesel, 99p/ l.

I can't remember ever seeing the prices of diesel and unleaded identical before.

You should have expected it, though.

"They" encouraged people to buy diesel cars because (what? thirty years ago) it was cheaper, safer, and better for the environment.
Now, surprise, surprise, when a huge proportion has bought diesel, it is far more poisonous, carcinogenic, and polluting than petrol and so must be highly taxed.

It doesn't solve a problem but brings in lots of money.

Sponsored Links
Back