Fixing through tile into plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I remove a "Fischer Spring Toggle" from the wall.

I have a problem that the current towel rail brackets have broken and need replacing.
Unfortunately, the brackets are attached to a tile and plaster board wall using "Fischer Spring Toggle" (see picture).
How do I remove the old toggle from the wall, replace the brackets and reuse the current toggle?

Sponsored Links
Generally it's a lot less hassle to write off the toggle, and fit a new one. It's just a toggle, it's not 18 carat gold.

You may be able to unscrew the bolt so only a couple of turns of thread are left in the toggle, then flip it around with a small screwdriver poked through the hole, but no guarantees.

Tile on plasterboard is usually strong enough to just drill and plug , unless you are doing pull ups on the towel rail? :)

The problem I have is the existing hole in the wall is for a "Fischer Spring Toggle", so the hole is too big now for a drill and plug.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back