DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

B&Q trade Card - WARNING

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevindgas

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote

warning to you all.
if you use the B&poo /screwfix trade uk card in B&poo
be aware that if you buy straight off the shop floor you get NO DISCOUNT you now have to use the F.kin catologue or you get get ripped!
B&Q have scored a massive own goal on this as many traders round here are now boycotting them in protest!!
The following user says thank you to kevindgas for this useful post:
digdilem (11 Jan 2011)
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
sparkiedave

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote

I tried going in to pick up some MK Sentry breakers from their catalogue, took the money off me without telling me they didn't have any of em in stock, could take up to a week to get them, (local wholesalers don't stock them either), customer specified sentry board, I demanded, rather loudly, that I wanted a full instant refund, they said it could be up to 5 days for them to turn up, stressed that I could get em off the net quicker.
Got my refund after a bit of an argument, borrowed some scissors and cut the card up and gave it back to em in front of a load of customers, complete sham!!
 Alert Moderators
forthright

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote

kevindgas wrote:
warning to you all.
if you use the B&poo /screwfix trade uk card in B&poo
be aware that if you buy straight off the shop floor you get NO DISCOUNT you now have to use the F.kin catologue or you get get ripped!
B&Q have scored a massive own goal on this as many traders round here are now boycotting them in protest!!

I used my Tradecard at B&Q yesterday on the shop floor at one of those horrid self-serve machines, I called the shop assistant over and she did something and I got trade discount and the usual trade receipt not a b&Q one.
 Alert Moderators
kevindgas

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote

forthright
bet you didn't get trade price on every item! you might think you did. i got caught out once and once only!
 Alert Moderators
joinerjohn

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Not everything on the shop floor at B&Q is actually in the trade catalogue. I think you only get the trade discount on items that are both on the shop floor and in the catalogue. Anyway's, no harm in asking when you go in, if your going to get trade discount on certain items. icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
 Alert Moderators
kevindgas

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote

joinerjohn wrote:
Not everything on the shop floor at B&Q is actually in the trade catalogue. I think you only get the trade discount on items that are both on the shop floor and in the catalogue. Anyway's, no harm in asking when you go in, if your going to get trade discount on certain items. icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

exactly why this new card system is carp!! only 25% of the range is in the catologue!! so instead of 10% off everything that we used to get, we now get 10% of 25% of the items in the book, the rest, nought!!

will have to send a pensioner in on a wednesday for 1/2 the things i use!!
 Alert Moderators
digdilem

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. Got a pair of these from screwfix and was going to issue one to my assistant. Not much point now.
 Alert Moderators
kevindgas

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote

digdilem wrote:
Thanks for the warning. Got a pair of these from screwfix and was going to issue one to my assistant. Not much point now.

don't think we get any discount a screws but i've only used the card once there and haven't had the priced copy yet.
 Alert Moderators
jono_h

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote

It's only the stuff in the catalogue that's cheaper. If it's in the ctalogue and in the store you'll get the discount. If it's only in the store there's no discount.

Most of the paint isn't in the catalogue, so there's no discount, but that's no different to the Trade Discount card scheme they used before Tradepoint.

Also shop floor promotions won't always go through if you use you Tradepoint card. They had a 3 for 2 on paint brushes the other week and I had to pay as a normal punter to get the offer.

And the stuff that is cheaper in the catalogue isn't always great quality. Door catches for instances are cheaper but are so bad that I buy the ones from the shop.

It's not a great system, and the stock levels are truely attrocious.
 Alert Moderators
digdilem

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Another development on this - had a letter from Screwfix with their invoice today (we have a trade account) and it seems to read that we'll need to use this trade uk card with normal screwfix orders soon too. (Can't give details atm as it's at work)

Always suspicious of such changes, especially when administered by a seeming third party, makes me nervous of the continued good service I've had for 'kin years by screwfix. Have they been bought out?
 Alert Moderators
kevindgas

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote

digdilem wrote:
Have they been bought out?

no just shafting us as usual!!
 Alert Moderators
geraint

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote

kevindgas wrote:
digdilem wrote:

you all seem to want everything for nothing... the tradepoint is as it states... if it is in the book... you pay that price.. if it is not... you pay retail...

simple really... dont like... dont shop...
 Alert Moderators
geraint

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote

digdilem wrote:
Another development on this - had a letter from Screwfix with their invoice today (we have a trade account) and it seems to read that we'll need to use this trade uk card with normal screwfix orders soon too. (Can't give details atm as it's at work)

Always suspicious of such changes, especially when administered by a seeming third party, makes me nervous of the continued good service I've had for 'kin years by screwfix. Have they been bought out?

you can use your account card at b and q and also screwfix.. so what is the problem...
 Alert Moderators
geraint

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote

kevindgas wrote:
digdilem wrote:

if they shaft you... dont go there.... simple...
 Alert Moderators
digdilem

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quote

geraint wrote:

you can use your account card at b and q and also screwfix.. so what is the problem...

I think there's a little confusion here, some of it on my part!

I'm talking about the trade account - we buy and pay once a month. The letter that came seemed to suggest this would not be possible any longer and each purchase would need the card, but it could be my interpretation, although the letter is not straightforward.

I intend to carry on as usual ordering through their website, my concern is that is changing and I don't like change when something works well.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Trade Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: