Boiler water temp. issues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a new house about a year ago and having some real issues with water temperature.

Downstairs in the kitchen you get a steady supply of very hot water at a reasonable pressure, which is what I think you would expect from a combi boiler (first one I have ever had). However in the bathroom the hot water taps takes quite a while to warm up when running and will drop back to cold quickly and never provides water as hot as downstairs, which I cannot understand and is frustrating as sometimes I can get hot water downstairs but upstairs all I get is luke warm?

It is a 24i Junior Worcester Combi Boiler - If anyone has any ideas or had a similar issue, I would love to solve this issue and get hot water when it is needed!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be long runs of un insulated pipework. Also are there any blending valves under the appliances upstairs because a combination of the 2 above will give such problem.

Your combi is as small as they come, and of questionable quality. As it is also a cowboy's favourite, it is quite likely that it is not installed to spec, but as quick and cheap as possible. As a result of these factors together, you simply have a low dhw production.
When you turn the bath tap only half open in stead of fully, you will find the water gets hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back