Flueless LPG fires any good??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering having one fitted, are they any good and more importantly safe?

Any pro's and con's associated with them?

Failing that, what about flued LPG fires ie the flue requirements.

Fire would be on an external wall, i hope to have a gas stove type in the corner of the room.

Any help greatly received,

Sponsored Links
I don't know of any lpg fires of the stove type that would fit your requirements,but others may know.As for FLUELESS fires just wait for the pro and anti brigade to wake up. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

glowboy77";p="1861242 said:
Considering having one fitted, are they any good and more importantly safe?

Any pro's
Yes including efficiency

and con's

vent required. In my experience this need not be a problem if the position is carefully thought out. I sometimes advise the fitting of a vent BEFORE purchasing the fire. If you can't cope with the vent, reinstate and abort fire purchase

associated with them?

Failing that, what about flued LPG fires ie the flue requirements.

Fire would be on an external wall, i hope to have a gas stove type in the corner of the room

LPG flueless stove available see link below:

more importantly safe?

YES, best safety record for heating appliances

http://www.burley.co.uk/information.php?cid=2

This should open on the how it works page

I AM NOT GOING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE ENSUING DRAWN OUT SERIES OF POSTS, MOST OF WHICH WILL BE UNINFORMED GARBAGE.

Glowboy, the last comment wasn't really imed at you, but if you search this site, and my many previous posts, you will understand why I am taking this stance.

Regards
EGM

Sponsored Links
EGM, thanks for the info.

I had read other threads on the forum first, obviously following that i was none the wiser so posted my own to guage current feelings.

Flueless on first impressions doesn;t sound ideal, but i suppose your gas hob isn't and that's on everyday in my house!

Mains gas is a non starter without lots of hassle, so LPG seems best. I suppose i could fit balanced flue but short of space for it really and want fire to go in corner of room so flueless seems way i have to go.

Got 2 v.young kids so wanted to know about safety etc before proceeding. Fire is to be used to supplement CH, so would only come on to warm area up quicker, take edge off etc without having to unnecessarily increase temp/duration of CH etc.

Any other options, seen bio-ethanol but v. expensive!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back