Just installed Veritas 8 and problems!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for reading.

I have just installed a new veritas 8 alarm system, fairly inexperienced with alarm systems. I have connected 3 PIR's and one door contact and a front bell box up. I used a 2amp terminal block for the global tamper system as this seemed the correct way as per instructions but also used a 2 amp terminal block for the other green and white wires for the PIR's, although this wasn't stated I felt it was the only way to get that to work right.

Have just inserted battery and external bell ringing constantly. I have followed the first instructions to enter the engineer and own code in and still ringing. The 24hr light and unset on constant, the power light flashing. I have gone to the section to disable/remove zones and taken 5-8 out.

I have tried doing a walk test on the alarm while bell still ringing and pressed the omit button to get a different breakdown and got the first 3 lights on. 1st appears to be the bell box, 2nd says not applicable and 3rd is the tamper on the control panel which when i press the spring the light goes off.

I am about to check the wiring into the bell box now as a final offer to make sure correct and to also see if i was supposed to have used any jumpers etc but then wiring for the bell box into the control panel looks ok.

I have tried other areas in the program menu such as assigning zones to entry/exit not just guard.

Can anyone help as I'm now exhausting my limited knowledge to get this alarm to a. silence, b. identify if a tamper is going off, c. what the unassiged zone 2 is on the walk through and d. to finally set.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Read the manual again, carefully.
You have wired the bell incorrectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back