Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior keeps resetting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks for reading....

I have a Worcester 28i junior combi boiler - its about 12 months old. We had some problems during the recent cold snap and unfroze the pipes using the kettle solution given here. All working fine for the 3 weeks since.

Today, we've come home and the boiler is requesting a reset. If you reset it, over around 2 minutes it lets some heat out, but also sounds like its continually refilling, and what I assume is the fan is making exceptionally loud noises. After 2 minutes, the boiler shuts off and requests a reset again.

The remote sensor is requesting heat from the boiler OK

Pressure gauge is showing between 1 and 2

I haven't tried an unfreeze of the pipes again as we've gradually been climbing in temperature and have been a consistent 11 degrees here today, so can't see it being that

Have got Npower insurance and called them but if anyone has any ideas in the interim I'd be very grateful as have a young daughter here and don't want to risk health if a cold snap returns!

Sponsored Links
The boiler displays certain flashing light sequences which point to the possible fault,none of which can be repaired without experience and the correct instruments.I recommend leaving it to your repair man and I hope he is competent.

Phone Worcester you will have a 2 yr guarantee. Personally don't rate a lit of the engineers who work for eon npower etc! Worcester engineers carry all parts in their van, guranteed free 1st time fix!

Thanks both. See what Npower say tomorrow but hopefully it won't be a difficult fix for them or Worcester. The light sequence is single red, then red and blue together. Hopefully they know what that means!

Sponsored Links
Just in case anyone has a similar problem...

The boiler resolved itself and began working normally again. Still kept the appointment with npower; they did a flue test and adjusted the levels (as they had increased markedly but were still within parameters).

Most likely issue according to the engineer was that my external condenser either doesn't have sufficient fall to the drain, or doesn't feed into the drain directly and there was a blockage that had taken time to work itself out of the pipe.

Have to get the decking up to check and get the original workman to adjust as required

Boiler itself was fine and doing what it should be doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back