landing size space saver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the same rules apply for landing sizes on a space saver as to a regular flight. i.e does the landing have to be as deep as the width of the stairs

Cheers
Gareth

Sponsored Links
cheers mate I had pretty much established that that was probably the case,just a bit of wishful thinking on my part really

That's not to say you couldn't try twisting the arm of your inspector a little, if it's reasonable and justifiable like!!!!:cool: The regs aren't cast in stone you know! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
have done just that,spoke today and we agreed to comprimise at 600 mm for an 800mm wide alternating tread stair, he did say they do actually like to err on the side of caution for alternating treads. He would have been happy for a 400mm landing on a conventional flight , but did concede that 600 would be ok as we could have reduced the stairwidth to that anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back