elec cooker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help ? cooker is playing up grill working but oven isn,t . changed fuse because thats about my limit in electrics ! but heard a pop ! so have now given up. have been told it could be the element. any ideas please, its a TEKA electric oven.

Sponsored Links
the fuse isnt the problem. its your cooker. take it back. incidentally, if its a single oven, there could be an interlock switch that prevents you from using the grill and oven at the same time. Check this, but as you have heard a pop, its probably knackered anyway ;)

cheer,s for reply crafty. when you say it,s knackered , the problem is a big one then ? can,t be repaired ? or is it a costly problem ? . it is a oven grill. but only had it on the oven setting when i heard a pop. electric circuit problem ? any help would be gratefull crafty. cheers

gold1875 said:
cheer,s for reply crafty. when you say it,s knackered , the problem is a big one then ?
Depends how big a problem a broken oven is.

can,t be repaired ?
Depends on whether spare parts are available.

or is it a costly problem ?
Depends on the cost of parts (& labour if you don't DIY)

it is a oven grill. but only had it on the oven setting when i heard a pop. electric circuit problem ? any help would be gratefull crafty. cheers
With just the one cable supplying it, how could it possibly be a plug-fuse or circuit problem if the grill still works?

Sponsored Links
Right, back to the beginning, where did the pop come from? fuse box, cooker switch, cooker? You never really made it clear why you changed the fuse. had it blown in the first place? When the pop ocurred did you check the fuse again, to see if it had blown again? A sequence of events would be good for a diagnosis here i think. ;)

There is a simple answer to this.

Call in a Professional who has the knowledge, experience and equipment to diagnose, identify and possibly repair the fault.

Doing this yourself can be very dangerous, if you had the level of knowledge required to do this you would not be asking these questions. I understand the desire to perhaps repair it yourself, and save a chunk of money in the process, however if you do something wrong here you could cause a serious injury to yourself or your family, both of which I am sure you don't want to do, so bite the bullet and call out a sparky.

CHEERS FWL_ENGINEER, WAS,NT GOKING TO ATEMP DOING ELECTRICS MYSELF BUT WAS ASKING FOR YOUR VIEWS SO I DONT GET RIPPED OFF WHEN PRO COMES ALONG ;) CHEERS ANYWAY. BAN ALL SHEDS, THERE ARE TWO CABLES SUPPLYING COOKER NOT ONE THATS PROBABLY WHY GRILL WORKS, THANKS ALL. THOUGHT IT MAYBE THE OVEN ELEMENT THATS ALL .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back