Hotpoint WD420 washer dryer..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when the drum spins sounds like a fork is scraping on the outside of the drum even whens its empty and turned by hand ive also removed rhe drive belt and turned it and it makes the same noise still, am i right to guess maybe the bearings? any help or advice most appricated thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds more like a bra wire has got between the 2 drums. If you carefully examine the inside of the drum with a bright light you may be lucky enough to see an end still sticking out & be able to pull it back. If not remove the drain hose from the botoom & turn the drum by hand until it comes round to the hole.

Or you can remove the lifters inside the drum they slide towards the front then you can see in the drum.

Thanks for the help, i looked inside with a tourch and saw some sort of wire, not 100% sure what it was but it was fully inside the drum, so simply pulling it out is not an option but i managed to push it out the way so its not scraping on the outside of the drum and now the noise has gone, but in the future i would like to remove it, is there an easy way to get inside the drum ? i see you mentioned remove the lifters do you mean the bars inside the drum that help turn the cloths ??

Sponsored Links
Yes one of the lifters need to come out then it's a big hole , pair of needle nose pliers will get it out it's poss a bra wire stuck it won't cause any damage.

thanks again, these lifters... ive pulled them towards me and they move a lil bit but not sure how supost to come off?? do i need to pullit towards me till pops off or does it lift up?? having lil difficulty getting a lifter off :confused:

Yes pull forward then lift up. To refit place over the holes and slide back till it clicks into place.

able to move lifters, but not actualy get them off :( is there any lil ways of taking them off??? ive put screwdrives in the holes of the lifters and tried pull them off but no luck, dont supose anybody knows the trick to get them off?

slide the lifter towards the front of the drum then lift up .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back