Firebird Super Q Boiler - Elp!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
we let the oil run out and just had it refilled. It wasnt working once we tried to put it back on so I tried to 'bleed' it by twisting what I thought was the release valve on the pipe entering the boiler. I filled 3 or 4 small jusgs of water and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Here is the boiler with the front cover off.

5356217989_34ab46d056_b.jpg

Sponsored Links
The boiler has probably locked out, to reset you need to remove the bottom red triangle to reveal the lock out button which will be glowing red while the boiler is switched on. Press this button to reset and the boiler should fire, if it does not keep firing and the red light comes on again wait a couple of minutes and press the button again. If still no luck you will need to remove the box with the Firebird stickers on to bleed the oil line by undoing the screws either side of the red triangle.

The Fire valve which you can see on the bottom right hand side of the boiler in the photo has a braided hose attached which is connected to the oil pump inside of the box, this is the oil line and by unscrewing the connection slightly at the pump you should get air bubbles followed by oil.

Once you have achieved this retighten the oil connection, switch the boiler on and press the reset button, then refit the box and the red triangle.

spraggo

Thanks! Getting there slowly! Ran down to get a spanner, got the thing off, pressed the red button - started firing!! then stopped :( keeps doing that..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back