will worcester combi greenstar 24i junior do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi well ive decided ive had enough of my linea 24 piece of junk and want a new boiler.
The worcesters where highly recommended to me by the plumber im using and I was wondering on your opinions of the greenstar 24i junior. Is it a good boiler?
Also will it be big enough as ive noticed the max flow rate is 9.8l while the flow rate on my current linea 24 is 11.3l at 30deg 9.7l at 35deg I presume the 11.3l is the one to compare it to?

My house is not that big its 3 bedroom but i dont want to get a boiler that cant cope? And my Dad is raving about his new Biasi which he just bought for under £500 and got fitted but im not so sure.

Please advise guys I have no heating and need to decide quickly
thanks

Sponsored Links
actualy ive just read on there website the 9.8l flow rate is at 35deg so thats a smidge better than my current boiler.
I presume as my linea seemed to cope ok (when the heap of trash woked) then the worcester 24i should be ok as well.
But are they reliable? easy to service?

the greenstar 24i junior has a flow rate of 11.2 lts/min at a 30oc rise and 8.4 at 40oc rise so should be more than sufficient, it is a great boiler as is the 28i junior next model up 13.1 at 30oc rise, will be more reliable in the long run than your dads and probably cheaper as long as you get it serviced yearly, something most people don't

Sponsored Links
Hmm 2 good reviews but as always in these situations the bad one jumps out at you a bit. Cant be as bad as the linea surely

Hi well ive decided ive had enough of my linea 24 piece of junk and want a new boiler.

What, because its got a fault which is easily repaired :confused: (i read your other posts)

How often has the Linea been serviced?

I install worcester bosch and valliant all the time and service many, if you don't believe me then go to Which website who recently carried out a survey on customer satisfaction, both these makes came top, and if you don't believe Which then i give up :)

[quote="scatmanjohn";p="1868332What, because its got a fault which is easily repaired :confused: (i read your other posts)

How often has the Linea been serviced?[/quote]

Oh no my friend because in last 6 years its had 2 flow diaphrams, dhw heat exchanger replaced main heat exchanger de scaled and needs doing again both thermistors replaced twice, heating flow valve replaced, pressure release valve replaced, non return valve replaced and the cold inlet valve leaks. And expansion vessels been recharged a couple of times but i suppose thats fair enough i presume? not sure if thats normal.

The fan also sounds like its knackered not sure if thats whats wrong with it now. Who knows who cares certainly not me any more.

While i admit its not been serviced every year i do get it done.
Maybe I just got a bad one or badly installed but im just fed up every winter waiting knowing its gonna break and as im re mortgaging I might as well add a bit on to change boiler now rather than need to in couple of years when i cant afford it.

What you've had replaced is not unexpected for a combi even if the original installation was ok. Nearly all the faults mentioned are caused by your system. If it hasn't required a fan, gas valve, PCB or diverter valve motor then you can't really blame your problems on manufacturing.

Ok so does that mean the system needs a good clean out before new boiler is installed then? Would most plumbers do this anyway or is it something I should ask for? I was gonna get him to put one of those magna filters in as well Ive heard they are good.

I just think the boiler must be at least 12yrs old now and must be due replacing anyway. Also ive read bad reviews on the linea range of Vokera boilers at least.

most good heating engineers will power flush before installing new boiler this will cost more but makes a big difference, some engineers say don't need to flush but thats bull, if the flush is done properly it's well worth having done, a magna clean fitted to the heating return is also a must these days and a descaler to the cold inlet also needs doing

You chose the smallest, cheapest of all models available form WB, so you will get the smallest, cheapest performance and quality available.
You get what you pay for.
The same goes by the way for choosing the installer.

You chose the smallest, cheapest of all models available form WB, so you will get the smallest, cheapest performance and quality available.
You get what you pay for.
The same goes by the way for choosing the installer.

Very ture bengasman, was this biler recomended by you're installer, he maybe using worcesters good name to fool you that you're getting top of the range boiler, when realy you're geting a decent boiler, made by a top of the range company (not my opinion anymore), which created a bigger profit margin

If it what you want and you've been given all the options available, fair enough, and tell you're dad to shove his ****ty Biasi up his arse, they are cheap ****

If its what you want, then fair enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back