Exterior paint/tar for garage, advice required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stand alone workshop, 30 sq meters in size single story., which i am getting rendered,,,

on one side of it i just wanna make it water/weather tight and not render it,., is this done by some sort of exterior paint??? i have seen below damp courses on buildings a black substance applied???

oh yea, built from concrete blocks..

thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean concrete or themolite blockwork, big difference.Why are you not rendering one side?

they are medium density concrete blocks, it is a stand alone outdoor garage/workshop.

the reason am not rendering one side is simply, cost and ease. 3 sides will be rendered but one side is on next doors boundry and they have a garge there also with a small gap between our 2 garages (just enough to walk down.
his is a little lower and he has no guttering hence the water goes straight off his roof onto my wall.

i basically want the best water/weather proof thing i can do for the 1 particualr wall.

thx

The most effective solution would be to pay for some guttering on his roof, water running onto a wall will breach most types of seal.

Sponsored Links
As it comes down to cost rather than visual aspect how about simply covering the wall in felt or even cheaper a sheet of plastic. The plastic will fall apart after a few years as the sunlight gets to it but both options give you the chance to remove and render at a later date.

whats that stuff i have seen surrounding bottoms of building, under the damp course level, like a black paint or tar ??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back