DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Original house plans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Building Regulations and Planning Permission
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
elsmore1

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just planning a loft conversion and still early stage, need to get a builder in to have a look yet. As it was built 2006 by Wimpey has anyone ever got hold of original plans from the builder? or the builder control officer? Wondered if this could save some time and money being able to get my hands on these.

Thanks
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
DOHdesigns

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote

I'm quite surprised you don't have a copy with the original documentation/certification of the house?

I'm sure you could request a copy from the local authority or even contact the developer direct?
 Alert Moderators
freddymercurystwin

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote

Commercial developers very rarely give out plans in the handover pack. I believe you can get the drawings that were submitted for Building Control under the Freedom of information Act although technically you would not have permission to use them. Realistically even if you got drawings from the LA they may be useless as developer Regs applications are highly generic, depends how big the development was. Wimpy may be prepared to give you copies although theyíll charge a healthy admin fee.

Frankly itís usually a whole lot easier to get your designer to just redo them when the time comes.

You may also find some drawings on your local authorities planning application list.

What house type was it? I may have some Wimpy stuff in my archives!
 Alert Moderators
Static

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote

For a simple loft conversion normally isnt worth the time/effort in getting plans.. but if you are planning larger extensions in the future they can be useful.. building control have hard copies of all submitted plans which you can view and sometimes copy (again often comes with a price)..
 Alert Moderators
elsmore1

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Hi all the reply from Wimpey was "Unfortunately we cannot send out plans of house types. These are copyright protected and on some occasions are drawn by third party architects and are not the property of Taylor Wimpey." so thats a no then.

My house type for freddymercurystwin is a Motcombe I am sure.

Thanks
 Alert Moderators
hotrod

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote

elsmore1 wrote:
Hi all the reply from Wimpey was "Unfortunately we cannot send out plans of house types. These are copyright protected and on some occasions are drawn by third party architects and are not the property of Taylor Wimpey." so thats a no then.

What a load of baloney. If I know Wimpey, their "As drawn" won't match the "As built" anyways - no wonder they won't release the plans icon_lol.gif .
 Alert Moderators
freddymercurystwin

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 am Reply with quote

No sorry, a ton of standard Wimpey details but no house types. Bet your bottom dollar itíll have trusses though which will be a pain in the butt with regards to doing a lofty!
 Alert Moderators
Static

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote

Did a quick hunt and no Motcombe, but remember the name from previous firm.. anyways gonna be a truss roof always are.. so loft conversion wont be simple.. still BC should have plans on file you can view..

Also as said their standard house type drawings rarely reflect the actual build
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Building Regulations and Planning Permission All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: