Geberit flush plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings good Earth-people!
I've just bought a Geberit concealed frame/cistern for a wall-hung WC. The flush plate as supplied will project too far so I need to (obviously) make it shallower. The concertina-type plastic box part has minimum and maximum markings, but I'm not sure how to set the depth. Is it simply a case of cutting this box to the required depth? None of the Geberit instructions mention anything...
Many thanks,
LEP

Sponsored Links
Been doing exactly this today.
Fix the frame and cistern etc etc, board over and cut hole with 5mm clearance so the concertine bit protrudes through the board, allowing 10-15mm for tiles, tile, and once all that's done, if you've set everything right the concertina bit should line up with the tiled surface somewhere between it's min and max marks.
Trim concertina with a sharp knife so it's flush with the tiled surface, push in the mounting screw things once trimmed to length and twist 90 degrees to lock, screw grey frame over, and trial fit flushplate. Don't throw the white clipon cover away that covers the access hole in the cistern - it's supposed to be clipped back in once everything else is fitted.
Google should bring up a pdf of instructions somewhere I'd have thought. Ze germans are good, and so are the instructions generally - you might not have the right bit of paper.

Been doing exactly this today.
Fix the frame and cistern etc etc, board over and cut hole with 5mm clearance so the concertine bit protrudes through the board, allowing 10-15mm for tiles, tile, and once all that's done, if you've set everything right the concertina bit should line up with the tiled surface somewhere between it's min and max marks.
Trim concertina with a sharp knife so it's flush with the tiled surface, push in the mounting screw things once trimmed to length and twist 90 degrees to lock, screw grey frame over, and trial fit flushplate. Don't throw the white clipon cover away that covers the access hole in the cistern - it's supposed to be clipped back in once everything else is fitted.
Google should bring up a pdf of instructions somewhere I'd have thought. Ze germans are good, and so are the instructions generally - you might not have the right bit of paper.

Thank you kindly sir! Thought I could trim the box with a knife or hacksaw, but wasn't sure that if I cut it, the front 'bits' would fix back on...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back