Bath sealer going black

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can you tell me why my sealer around the bath is going black, I've tried various different kinds of sealer, cheap stuff and expensive but it just does the same. I have quite wide gaps as the walls are uneven so there is quite a lot of it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I am thinking the black is mold from a moist environment. You might want to try good old fashioned hydrogen peroxide which seems to clean the same type of black from around the base of my toilet. Peroxide is the only thing that seemed to clean just as good or better than bleach and water mixture.

I'm not sure what to use to prevent this problem though, sorry about that...

Hi, please can you tell me why my sealer around the bath is going black, I've tried various different kinds of sealer, cheap stuff and expensive but it just does the same. I have quite wide gaps as the walls are uneven so there is quite a lot of it.

Thanks

How well ventilated is your bathroom? If it doesn't have an extrator fan, installing one would help prevent condensation hanging around and causing mould growth. Or open windows more.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for your help, another problem we have is that there are 4 adults all getting in the shower between 7 and 8 am, we do open the window but not so much in the winter where I guess is where the problem lies. I will however try some hy-peroxide and see if that works.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried 'forever white' it is supposed to be guaranteed to remain white.
I used it round a shower tray and so far so good, but I dont have as many people showering in my house as you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back