Beko CDA 539 FS Frost Free Fridge/Freezer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello People.

I have a Beko CDA 539 FS Frost Free Fridge/Freezer which i have had for 18 Months. I was given it by someone, but i'm quite sure it was only a few months old at that time.

I got home last night and opened the freezer to find that everything was defrosted. I assume it has been faulty for a day or two, as all the food was soggy.

The Fridge appeared to be working normally though. I turned it off at the wall , and turned it on again. The compressor and the fan seem to be working normally.

I removed the cover from the rear of the freezer to have a look. This is what it looked like. I'm not sure whether it should all be frozen up, but i used a hairdryer to clear the ice.

View media item 30255
Once cleared, i turned the unit back on. I checked this morning, and it does appear to have frozen the ice cubes i put inside.

Anyone any ideas? I don;t want to start using it again unless i'm certain it's ok, as i lost £100 worth of food last night :(

Cheers

Andy :)

Sponsored Links
Frost free is a little misleading as they still require defrosting.

The defrost heater is on a timer and sometimes it does not manage to defrost the heat exchanger in the rear completely, next defrost it has more to do, gradually it will allow the ice to build up until the freezer or fridge stops working properly.

First thing most engineers will tell you is to do a full defrost which you have done, then run it again and most of the time it is ok.

Hi

I am having the exact same problem with the same fridge freezer model I have had it from new and its never been off since May 2007. it did it once before but then worked again for around 4 months now this evening its failed.

Do you think a switch off will fix? or do i need to get an engineer?

Thanks
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I cant guarentee it will fix it but it does in the majority of cases as the failure is due to ice build up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back