ADT alarm extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

I have a ADT alarm in my workshop. The main alarm unit is in the workshop with a key pad and I also have a keypad in the house.

Unfortunately I need to extend the 2 cables that go between the workshop and the keypad in the house.

Do the 2 cables go between each keypad or does it go from the alarm down to the house keypad and back up to the workshop keypad?

Cheers Zeb

Sponsored Links
Sorry Alarm, i dont have those details but I think it had Honeywell written on the big metal box. Will get further details tomorrow for you.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Honeywell is a clue.
You have a Galaxy panel, which one is another question.

As long as it is not set for engineer Tamper reset you can do the following and have a working system.

Daisy chain the keypads, as in one cable to the first then the second,and terminate with the resistor.
Run a cable to each and also terminate with the resistors.

As you have a Aunty Daisy system is it connected to ARC Alarm Recieving Centre, if so playing with it will lock you out and need an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back