Shower tripping the electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a Showerforce 1000MX shower where the hot water is supplied from the tank but the pump is electrically run.
We recently had a bit of a leak, but I've replaced the seals and this is ok. However, the shower is now tripping the electrics when the shower itself is turned off. This seems very strange and I'm guessing must be caused by some electrical wiring issue when in the off position?
So now if want a shower, I ensure that the switch in the bathroom is turned off, turn the shower on first and then turn the switch on and it works fine, until I turn the shower off.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Toby

Sponsored Links
What you've said makes sense and got me thinking. I had an idea that if I turned on the shower, then pulled the cord to turn on the pump, and then at the end of the shower, pull the cord first before turning off the water. I tried this and it worked. Sadly when my wife had a shower and I explained what to do it tripped the RCD while she showered. I was fortunately downstairs and simply flicked the RCD on and the shower pump kicked on again. I guess this implies its amore intermittent fault? Any thoughts?

Cheers
Toby

Did you have to disconect any wires to do the other work?

Sponsored Links
I didn't have to disconnect any wires when I changed the seals, but i guess i could have disturbed something?

My inital thought was something did got wet when it was leaking. I've stood in the shower with a hair dryer (water & electrics off, LOL) blowing hot air over the electric box in the hope of drying out any wet areas.

BTW thanks for your help on a sunday evening.

maybe leave it a few day's to let it dry out, (if that's what's up) did it ever do this before hand?

PS nearly had a fit before I realised the bit in brackets :LOL:

Ha.
I'm certainly no expert, but I'm guessing (hoping) that these things can take a while to dry out. It seems to be getting slowly better with time, so perhaps it will cure itself over the coming weeks.
Heres hoping

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back