Moving a flue from a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
I am about to build a shed alongside the house and the 1st obstacle is the combi boiler flue, and just wondering what is involved in moving it.

The boiler is a worcester 28CDi combi and at present, the flue comes out the top of the boiler and goes straight through the outside wall. I have had a quick look through the service manual and it says that the max flue length is 3 metres, so no problem there. Ideally I would move it either 1 metre vertically, or 2 meters horizontally.

A question, can the 'flue extension' be done externally? and if so, is this a big job? I guess its a job for a gas safe engineer?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is a gas safe job as flueing is a big issue in the gas regs and would need a site visit to give you the safe option

Hello Stev
Thanks for the info.
Sorry I probably didnt make it clear in my post, I have no intention of touching this myself. Just want to check what's possible and a ball-park figure of costs.

Sponsored Links
That type of flue can only be used internally!

Current flues can be diverted but not old Worcesterones.

So the only solution would seem to be to move in indoors to exit in a new position.

Maybe about 250 pounds!

Tony

Damn. Thanks for the info Agile

Not sure if theres enough room internally due to a window being in the way. Might get someone out to take a look. Or the shed might have to be smaller :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back